Python Vs PHP: End-to-End Comparison to Choose the Best Programming Language
The website and mobile app development process have become completely revolutionized. At present, different programming languages, frameworks, and technologies options are available for enterprises to pick the best.
Concerning the same, several enterprises often face the dilemma between Python and PHP. Which is the best programming language for intuitive web app development? It is always a matter of confusion to select the ideal backend support programming language that helps to build s a robust, scalable and growing website.
Thus, to avoid confusion, we bring forth here the end-to-end comparison between Python and PHP. In this blog post, we will be taking you to understand the ins and out’s of both the programming languages based on few points:
- What is Python?
- Why Use Python?
- Features of Python
- What is PHP?
- Why Use PHP?
- Features of PHP
- Comparison Between Python Vs PHP
7.1 Learning Process
7.2 Community Support
So, without any further adieu, let’s get started on this.
What is Python?
Python is one of the fast and object-oriented programming languages that made its presence felt in 1991. It is used in end-to-end website development, software, and scripting system. Using the popular framework of Django, Python is a favourite to data scientists using the programming language extensively on different working platforms.
It is an excellent choice of programming language to provide Python Machine Learning solutions, Big Data, connecting database to the system, and web applications.
Why Use Python?
There are various reasons that claim the fact that Python is an ideal programming language for enterprises.
- Easy Syntax: Python offers an easy syntax approach and it helps to comprehend quickly and easy to debug the application. Also, it has a source code that is easy to maintain.
- Portability: A versatile programming language can run on any choice of the platform making it portable.
- Libraries: A wide range of prebuilt libraries of Python help developers speeds up the task of web app development.
- Internal Dealing: It has the proficiency to internally deal with garbage collection and memory addresses.
- Testing Support: The interactive shell of the programming language helps developers to efficiently test the application before implementation.
Key Features of Python
- Easy to learn and less maintenance
- Platform friendly
- Database friendly
- Ideal for large codes
- Automatic garbage collection
- Low-level modules
- Seamless integration of Java, C, C++ programming code
What is PHP?
PHP stands for Hypertext Pre-processor which is an open-source server-side scripting language. It offers the capability to develop the backend of dynamic web applications. PHP has the proficiency to read, write, delete, and close files on the server. It is a widely used and free to access scripting language which is even preferred by Microsoft’s ASP.
Why Use PHP?
Just like Python, there are various reasons that clarify the fact that PHP is another efficient scripting language.
- PHP runs effectively on a diverse range of platforms including Windows, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.
- It runs effectively on the server-side and is easy to learn.
- Fully compatible with all servers.
- Complete support of a wide range of databases.
- Free to download.
- Key Features of PHP
- PHP supports a variety of databases like MySQL, Oracle, and more.
- Efficient scripting language as compared to other options like JSP and ASP.
- PHP offers predefined error reporting constants to generate an error of notice.
- Create a summary of recent accesses of users.
Comparison Between Python Vs PHP
The choice of difference between Python and PHP is based on manifold factors that will clear the air of which one to choose.
It is one of the most important parameters to decide the effectiveness of a programming language. Necessary to choose an easy to learn language that does not pose hurdles in way of developers while executing.
- Python: There is no doubt in the fact that Python is an easy to learn programming language as compared to PHP. Since it is a general-purpose language, most of the courses include teaching Python as the beginner’s programming language. Thus, a majority of developers get better hands-on Python before starting the development.
- PHP: It is not a general-purpose programming language which makes it difficult to learn as compared to Python. So, developers take more time to learn the virtues of PHP.
Bugs, efforts, and irregularities can arise at any point in time. What matters a lot is to avail on-time community support of either of the programming language to cover up the loopholes.
- Python: As we already mentioned a wide base of developers having their early hands-on Python. In this concern, Python has wide community support as compared to PHP
- PHP: This programming language does not lack behind Python. Just like its competitor, PHP also has a huge market of community support.
An efficient programming language needs to have an extensive choice of libraries. It makes the development process goes fast and simple.
- Python: In this particular concern, Python beat PHP concerning having a widescale range of pre-built libraries. It has an exceptionally well number of libraries making it a perfect choice for comprehensive Python web development in the shortest possible time.
- PHP: Although PHP lacks behind Python. Still, it has the support of Packagist (PHP packages repository) as the backbone of the library.
Just like, easy to learn an aspect of the programming language is important. Similarly, there must be easy accessibility towards simple to utilize documentation as well.
Concerning the aspect of documentation, both Python and PHP are more or less on the same page. There are innumerable varieties of websites, forums, discussion boards, etc., available for both programming languages.
There has to be a set of debugging tools under the realm of a particular programming language. It is required so as not to involve in too much to debug the application.
- Python: It offers PDB (Python Debugger) as powerful debugger support for debugging stacks, path mapping, breakpoints, and more.
- PHP: This programming language features an Xdebug package for debugging.
At the end of the comparison, it is evident that Python is a clear winner in comparison with PHP. Still, the ultimate decision to choose the ideal programming language will be yours in the end.
In case, you are inclined more towards Python. Then make no delay in a discussion about your project with PythonIndia. It is a leading Python development company offering profitable support development services, migration, maintenance, and support.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which are the Popular Web Apps Based on Python Programming Language?
There are a plethora of sites and web apps based on the Python programming language. The list includes some of the prominent names like Instagram, Spotify, Netflix, Uber, Pinterest, Dropbox, Instacart, and more.
2. Is There Any New Release of Python?
Yes, Python 3.9.0 is the latest release of the programming language. It has an updated set of features and functionalities as compared with the previous versions.
3. Is Python Easy and Simple Compared to PHP?
Yes, Python is an easy to learn programming language with the availability of extensive documentation and numerous libraries. Developers find it simple to implement Python during the backend development of a web app.